Thinking of doing some Fundraising?
That is fantastic!! We always appreciate when others can help us raise awareness and support for the children who need rescuing. We pray you’ll be hugely successful! Need some Fundraising ideas?
- Art Auction – get artwork donated to your auction to raise money for the Project
- Coffee for a Cause – put your coffee machine to good use, every dollar feeds a child a meal
- Slumber Party for the Slums – organise a youth group sleepover, with lots of fun and games. Charge a door entry fee to help children in the slums
- Morning Tea Fundraiser – talk about preventing child-sex-trafficking over a morning tea at your work and collect donations
- Organise a Charity Ball – sell tickets to cover the cost and raise money for the Project
- BBQ Fundraiser – talk about preventing child-sex-trafficking over a BBQ with neighbours, family and friends. Collect donations
- Garage Sale
- Cake Bake
- Charity Dinner – sell tickets to your event
- Pizza Party
- Charity Fun Run
- Host a Battle of the Bands
- Charity Bike Ride
- A Fast – encourage a group of friends to fast from fancy foods on Wednesdays – just eat toast. You’ll save at least $20 per family each week
- Make a donation through your business
- Get your school, club or workplace to wear PINK and make a donation
- At school, host an inter-school sports competition
- Ask your local shopping centre about setting up a Princess Project stand to talk to people and collect donations
- Set up a Princess Project wall somewhere in your community / school / workplace to let people know how they can get involved and help prevent human-trafficking
- Promote the Princess Project on social media encouraging everyone you know to host their own fundraiser and to come to yours
- Host a Business Breakfast – talk about preventing trafficking. Give an opportunity for Businesses to donate
- Get your Club, Church or Connect Groups to host Dinner Parties, inviting friends, family and neighbours and giving them the opportunity to donate
- Invite a Guest Artist or Celebrity to your fundraising event to support the cause on the day
- Ask your work if they will make a tax-deductible donation as an organisation
Before you start, here are just a few standard fundraising guidelines:
1. If you would like to create your own media such as flyers, posters, video clips, T-shirts etc please send the draft through to email@example.com (at least a week before it needs to go to print) so we can check that it meets our Child Protection criteria, adheres to our fundraising policy and that it represents the Project accurately. Please note, two common pitfalls are: a. Referring to the Princess Project Orphanage x… (we don’t have an orphanage, we believe that a village raises a child, so we support a safe relative or foster parent to raise a rescued child in their own village, amongst their extended family & familiar surroundings). b. The Princess Project rescues women from prostitution x… (Our key focus is to prevent children and teens from entering into prostitution).
2. If you are going to sell anything at your fundraiser, you are responsible for researching and being aware of your state or nation’s fundraising laws & tax requirements. (Rather than selling, you might want to consider the possibility of giving donors a free gift. i.e. donations over $50 to the Princess Project receive a free t-shirt.)
3. You will need to state clearly in your advertising & pricing the actual percentage of profit that will be donated to the Princess Project.
4. Clearly inform your donors or customers about what the proceeds are for. i.e. One person organised a great fundraiser event but accidentally stated that all the proceeds were for rescuing girls in Cambodia. However, the proceeds were for their airfares to come over on a mission trip & help at the Princess Project. This was wrong and it should have been clearly stated during the fundraising event that the proceeds were for airfares.
5. All donations received for the Princess Project need to be deposited into the ministry account within 14 days. Please use the reference ‘111 Fundraiser’. Please also send us an e-mail advising us of how much was raised. We’d love to see photos of the event & hear about how it went! Here are the Bank Account Details:
For New Zealand Donations:
Visit Global Development Group NZ at www.globaldevelopmentgroup.org/nz/ and click on “Donate to My Favourite Project”. Then select “J830N Princess Project” and choose the amount. Tick the box if you’d like to set up recurring payments and if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For Australian Non-Taxable Donations:
MOH Princess Project. Acc Name: Message of Hope Ltd. BSB: 014227
Acc No: 2140 356 98
For taxable donations in Australia, United States of America & Europe please click here.
You are welcome to invite the Director of the Princess Project to come and speak about preventing trafficking at your event, school, business, network group, club, church or small group. Check her speaking itinerary to know when she’ll be near your town or city.
Documents for Download: